Copyright 2018 - Custom text here
  • fast for a cleanse

  • 2

    fast for a detox

  • 3

    fast for freedom

  • fast for longevity

My 60 Day Water Fast

More
21 Aug 2013 10:44 #18045 by Quiz
Quiz created the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast
Today I'm on day 3 of my 60 day water fast.

I am 23 years-old, a female and 5'9" tall for some stats.

Stats on my weight - I started my fast on Monday, August 19 at an embarrassing:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

My goal is about 60kg which I've almost weighed before a couple of years ago.

I thought I'd post up my link to my blog which is tracking my thoughts and feelings and progress. I'd love to hear your words of support, thoughts and feelings.

http://www.goneinsixty.wordpress.com/

I will be updating this on a daily basis. I'd really love your support and help.

Wish me luck!

Peace and love.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2013 14:14 #18046 by MarcM
MarcM replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast
Welcome Quiz. there is a monthly fast topic (august fast now) that a few of us check in on frequently. Have you fasted much before?

Accept yourself as you are. Otherwise you will never see opportunity. You will not feel free to move toward it; you will feel you are not deserving.

Maxwell Maltz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2013 16:15 #18048 by danielle
danielle replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast
Hi! Best of luck to you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Ockeghem
  • Ockeghem's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • University Professor - Librarian and Musicologist
More
21 Aug 2013 16:16 #18049 by Ockeghem
Ockeghem replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast

Quiz wrote: Today I'm on day 3 of my 60 day water fast.

I am 23 years-old, a female and 5'9" tall for some stats.

Stats on my weight - I started my fast on Monday, August 19 at an embarrassing:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

My goal is about 60kg which I've almost weighed before a couple of years ago.

I thought I'd post up my link to my blog which is tracking my thoughts and feelings and progress. I'd love to hear your words of support, thoughts and feelings.

http://www.goneinsixty.wordpress.com/

I will be updating this on a daily basis. I'd really love your support and help.

Wish me luck!

Peace and love.


Quiz,

Good luck. What has been your longest fast thus far in your fasting journey?

Areas of specialty and interests: Canon and Fugue; Greek and Latin language and literature; Marathoning and Ultramarathoning; Martial Arts (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Shotokan {Kissaki-Kai} Karate); Medieval and Renaissance music notation; Television series (All In the Family; Charmed, Dark Shadows, Lost, The Outer Limits, Roswell, Star Trek); Theology; Twelfth- and thirteenth-century conductus,...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2013 12:33 - 22 Aug 2013 12:35 #18066 by Quiz
Quiz replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast

MarcM wrote: Welcome Quiz. there is a monthly fast topic (august fast now) that a few of us check in on frequently. Have you fasted much before?


Thanks for letting me know! I have had a look already, and I plan on reading through a few posts in there soon!

I do fast a lot, and I have been for a good few years, more committed at times than others. These days, before starting my 60 day fast, I generally completely fast during the working week (5 days at a time) but then stupidly break my fast with an emotional binge, which I am working on overcoming.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2013 12:35 #18067 by Quiz
Quiz replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast

danielle wrote: Hi! Best of luck to you.


Thank you! I will need luck, strength and something beyond myself to get me through this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2013 12:39 #18068 by Quiz
Quiz replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast

Ockeghem wrote:

Quiz wrote: Today I'm on day 3 of my 60 day water fast.

I am 23 years-old, a female and 5'9" tall for some stats.

Stats on my weight - I started my fast on Monday, August 19 at an embarrassing:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

My goal is about 60kg which I've almost weighed before a couple of years ago.

I thought I'd post up my link to my blog which is tracking my thoughts and feelings and progress. I'd love to hear your words of support, thoughts and feelings.

http://www.goneinsixty.wordpress.com/

I will be updating this on a daily basis. I'd really love your support and help.

Wish me luck!

Peace and love.


Quiz,

Good luck. What has been your longest fast thus far in your fasting journey?


Hi there Ockeghem! Thanks for the well wishes!

My longest water fast has been 21 days. If you take away one day in between though, where I had 1 meal due to social commitments, it would be 25 days in total.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ockeghem

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2013 15:26 #18070 by MarcM
MarcM replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast
My challange is good nutrition in between fasts also. I've never talked to anyone who has done 60. Ockeghem just compelted a 43 day (awesome Ock) but took it a day at a time to make sure it was what his body could beneift from. I'm gearing up to start one, and strongly want to go at least 28 days but will do the same - take it a day at a time. good luck- hope to see you on the monthly fast board!

Accept yourself as you are. Otherwise you will never see opportunity. You will not feel free to move toward it; you will feel you are not deserving.

Maxwell Maltz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ockeghem

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Ockeghem
  • Ockeghem's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • University Professor - Librarian and Musicologist
More
22 Aug 2013 17:35 - 22 Aug 2013 17:39 #18071 by Ockeghem
Ockeghem replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast

MarcM wrote: My challange is good nutrition in between fasts also. I've never talked to anyone who has done 60. Ockeghem just compelted a 43 day (awesome Ock) but took it a day at a time to make sure it was what his body could beneift from. I'm gearing up to start one, and strongly want to go at least 28 days but will do the same - take it a day at a time. good luck- hope to see you on the monthly fast board!


Marc,

Thanks. Best wishes with your next fast, no matter how long it ends up going. :)

I am still fine-tuning some things with regard to which IF routine I am going to do from week-to-week. It may be that I will mix it up a bit (e.g., a 3:4 week followed by a 4:3 week, etc.). I am also not too concerned with the ordering of days, so long as I remain within some kind of 3:4 or 4:3 framework (at least until I am comfortable moving into solely a 3:4 regimen).

For example, I may do any of the following during one month:

0010101 (3:4)
1100101 (4:3)
1000101 (3:4)
1010101 (4:3) (I bet this one looks familiar to David and a few others)

One of the keys for me will be how running more mileage (and not just the minimum that I do during fasting) and resuming my martial arts training will effect my weight once I add those back into my schedule while doing an IF routine. I believe that if I run (as a start) twenty miles-per-week and consume food only three or four days-per-week, I can't help (at the very least) but maintain (or decrease) my weight. I have found that fasting for one day reduces my weight anywhere from 5.0-8.0 lbs. Of course, I don't think that this would occur each time I fast for only one day, since I would eventually wither away on a 3:4 over many months. Thus far I have not had that problem. ;)

Happy fasting!

Areas of specialty and interests: Canon and Fugue; Greek and Latin language and literature; Marathoning and Ultramarathoning; Martial Arts (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Shotokan {Kissaki-Kai} Karate); Medieval and Renaissance music notation; Television series (All In the Family; Charmed, Dark Shadows, Lost, The Outer Limits, Roswell, Star Trek); Theology; Twelfth- and thirteenth-century conductus,...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2013 11:37 #18077 by Quiz
Quiz replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast

MarcM wrote: My challange is good nutrition in between fasts also. I've never talked to anyone who has done 60. Ockeghem just compelted a 43 day (awesome Ock) but took it a day at a time to make sure it was what his body could beneift from. I'm gearing up to start one, and strongly want to go at least 28 days but will do the same - take it a day at a time. good luck- hope to see you on the monthly fast board!


Thanks MarcM! It's nice to have your support and we share challenges.

I've never attempted something this long, but I am taking it a day at a time. That's the only way you can take it.

Good luck to you too! That sounds fab.

Good work Ockeghem! That's great for you!

I'll definitely have a peep into the monthly boards. If that's the best place where people frequent?

Again, thanks for the support. It's really hard to get it from anywhere. Especially since I haven't told anyone in person that I know that I'm doing it, so it's hard. Where do you find such support? I hope this isn't my undoing.

I need to wish myself luck I think!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Ockeghem
  • Ockeghem's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • University Professor - Librarian and Musicologist
More
23 Aug 2013 12:58 - 23 Aug 2013 13:01 #18078 by Ockeghem
Ockeghem replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast
"I'll definitely have a peep into the monthly boards. If that's the best place where people frequent?"

Quiz,

The monthly-themed fasting threads (something I created almost a year ago) are just one of the threads in which people post their thoughts (each month) on how their fasts are going. Short fasts, long fasts, and any/all fasts are welcomed.

My last fast began in late June and ended the second week of August, so I ended up posting in two or three monthly-themed threads during that fast due to the overlap. If your fast goes for more than thirty or so days, you might be doing the same thing.

Best wishes with your current fast! :)

Areas of specialty and interests: Canon and Fugue; Greek and Latin language and literature; Marathoning and Ultramarathoning; Martial Arts (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Shotokan {Kissaki-Kai} Karate); Medieval and Renaissance music notation; Television series (All In the Family; Charmed, Dark Shadows, Lost, The Outer Limits, Roswell, Star Trek); Theology; Twelfth- and thirteenth-century conductus,...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2013 17:35 #18081 by FasterNewbie
FasterNewbie replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast
Wow, Quiz! Kudos to you! I'm in the same boat...I would like to fast for a minimum of 40 days, since I want to lose about 45 pounds, but I am not sure of effects it could have on my baby when I get pregnant! (Trying to conceive and using fertility treatments). I feel like it's keeping me even from doing the minimum...even just a few days of fasting, because I keep wanting to do a long one. I can be so ridiculous sometimes! Now is my chance to fast since pregnancy was negative this cycle!
Anyway, happy fasting, and I will continue to read your posts about your journey!
p.s. I finally posted to the Fast Doctor about ketosis and the possibility of danger to the fetus (looking forward to hearing his thoughts on it), so I'm finally accountable and starting a fast on Monday 8/26 at least until a few days after next insemination.....No more excuses for me!
Happy fasting! :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2013 22:44 #18091 by danielle
danielle replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast
No more excuses for me either ! Happy fasting :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2013 23:19 #18092 by Quiz
Quiz replied the topic: My 60 Day Water Fast
Thanks for the support ladies!

Good luck, all round!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds