Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

Why are There no Threads for 100% Vegetables?

More
14 Jun 2011 00:25 #7726 by link
link created the topic: Why are There no Threads for 100% Vegetables?
Why are there no threads for 100% vegetables, while there are many threads devoted to water fasting?? Surely, eating only vegetables and drinking water would be better than eating nothing at all and just drinking water.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2011 01:46 #7731 by superhuman
superhuman replied the topic: Re: Why are There no Threads for 100% Vegetables?
please include fruits to that if not your in trouble :)

More
14 Jun 2011 02:44 #7734 by Milena
Milena replied the topic: Re: Why are There no Threads for 100% Vegetables?

link wrote: Surely, eating only vegetables and drinking water would be better than eating nothing at all and just drinking water.

While eating vegetables and drinking water might be a healthy approach to a diet it does not constitute fasting. There are only two types of fasting: Dry and Water. The rest are called feasing or diet. For instance there is a juice feasting and mono diets (any single fruit or veggie)

The area for the Raw Vegan Lifestyle has been created very recently, hence we do not have many threads in it yet.

Thank you for asking.

May the Energy you free from digesting serves your Body and Spirit well!

All my posts are based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of the licensed medical practitioner.

More
28 Jun 2011 01:23 - 28 Jun 2011 01:23 #8067 by link
link replied the topic: Re: Why are There no Threads for 100% Vegetables?

superhuman wrote: please include fruits to that if not your in trouble :)

I know that I am responding to this late, but why would only consuming vegetables, temporarily, be bad? By 'temporarily' I probably mean, say, 14 days. I know that only consuming vegetables and water for two weeks would definitely provide the body with more nourishment than a two week water-fast would.

More
28 Jun 2011 01:44 #8068 by david
david replied the topic: Re: Why are There no Threads for 100% Vegetables?
Hi link, what makes you say it would be 'bad'. I added this topic as there are many fruitarians out there but I have not heard of a person who just eats vegetables. So it was a kind of test topic as I am curious to know if such people exist. Hope that makes sense.

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.

More
28 Jun 2011 03:20 #8069 by link

David wrote: Hi link, what makes you say it would be 'bad'. I added this topic as there are many fruitarians out there but I have not heard of a person who just eats vegetables. So it was a kind of test topic as I am curious to know if such people exist. Hope that makes sense.

I never said it would be bad. I was responding to a post that superhuman made. He said "please include fruits to that if not your in trouble :)".

More
28 Jun 2011 03:23 #8070 by superhuman
superhuman replied the topic: Re: Why are There no Threads for 100% Vegetables?
i didnt know you ment as a type of "fasting" then its ok. But i would bet that you will be in trouble of you lived your life on only veggies :)

More
28 Jun 2011 03:58 - 28 Jun 2011 04:13 #8071 by Milena

link wrote:

I know that I am responding to this late, but why would only consuming vegetables, temporarily, be bad? By 'temporarily' I probably mean, say, 14 days. I know that only consuming vegetables and water for two weeks would definitely provide the body with more nourishment than a two week water-fast would.

Yes, it would provide you with nourishments, engage your digestive system thus taking energy away from detoxification and cleansing process, have your liver and your kidneys work on processing the substances that come with those veggies instead of working on ridding your body off toxins, dead and sick cells, etc...:)

Dear link, the whole point of fasting is to give your body a complete break so it does not have to worry about what you put in, and only worry about getting things out instead. Years of eating, however bad it might have been, stuffed our bodies with nutrients. Pretty much every person, even the skinny ones, have enough reserves to fast a minimum of 45 days or longer. So we really have nothing to worry about in regards to nourishment while we fast. I hope that answers your question.

All my posts are based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of the licensed medical practitioner.

More
28 Jun 2011 04:17 #8072 by link

superhuman wrote: i didnt know you ment as a type of "fasting" then its ok. But i would bet that you will be in trouble of you lived your life on only veggies :)

Yes, I would be in trouble if I ate nothing but vegetables for the rest of my life :).

More
28 Jun 2011 04:28 #8073 by link

Milena wrote:

link wrote:

Yes, it would provide you with nourishments, engage your digestive system thus taking energy away from detoxification and cleansing process, have your liver and your kidneys work on processing the substances that come with those veggies instead of working on ridding your body off toxins, dead and sick cells, etc...:)

Dear link, the whole point of fasting is to give your body a complete break so it does not have to worry about what you put in, and only worry about getting things out instead. Years of eating, however bad it might have been, stuffed our bodies with nutrients. Pretty much every person, even the skinny ones, have enough reserves to fast a minimum of 45 days or longer. So we really have nothing to worry about in regards to nourishment while we fast. I hope that answers your question.

I believe that there are different levels of fasting. For example, a water-and-vegetable-only fast would purify the body to a certain degree. A water-only fast would purify the body at an even greater degree and at a faster pace. A dry fast would purify the body at the greatest degree of purification and at the fastest speed.

I am 6'4" and only weigh about 160 lbs. Do you think that I would be able to go on a 45 day water-fast?

More
29 Jun 2011 09:03 - 29 Jun 2011 09:04 #8085 by Milena
At 19.5 BMI you are only 6 lbs away from being underweight, which is contraindication for a long term fasting to begin with, unless there is medical condition that requires fasting for healing. Even then, such fasting has to take place under medical supervision. When I said skinny I did not mean underweight.

And as I stated earlier, any time you consume any kind of substance in addition to water (or no water) you are no longer fasting. You either feasting (juice feasts) or dieting (consuming veggies or fruits in their whole form). I know in some religious traditions people call abstaining from certain foods fasting; however, originally people would follow complete fast, only as the human will power grew weaker so the rules of fasting loosen up...:)

More
04 Apr 2013 14:44 #15927 by Alvin01
Alvin01 replied the topic: Why are There no Threads for 100% Vegetables?
Vegetables are the only the thing which you can't deny it benefits and they also used all over the world. They have all kind of mineral and vitamins in them.. You can see those people who are vegetarians and never eat meat they don't have any deficiency of any vitamin or mineral.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds