Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

BBC "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer...fasting ratio

More
16 Feb 2013 22:19 #15402 by FastAsYouCan
FastAsYouCan created the topic: BBC "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer...fasting ratio
Hi, All!
I am currently on a 010 water fast. I started on Ash Wednesday, so I have had two fast days, and today is my second feed day.
Today I finally tracked down the hour documentary "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer", that everyone has been talking about. I was blown away. Great Stuff!
My question to you: What is the best IF ratio for you? I need to find the best IF for me.
I am rather thin, and running the risk of ending up underweight in a week or two, doing a 010. I had thought on a feed day I could bulk up with some heavier eating, but as most of you probably already know, that's not how it works. I don't find myself overeating.
I think if the 010 is too much for me, I may try the 5:2 ratio. This seems to have the amazing benefits of fasting: reduced bad cholesterol...reduced blood pressure...lower IG1...but with slower and smaller weight loss. Anyone know about a 6:1, or other ratios? I would love fasting to become a regular part of my lifestyle, while maintaining weight. There must be a good ratio for me to discover for myself.

"Keep moving forward!" -W.D.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2013 10:52 #15411 by david
david replied the topic: BBC "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer...fasting ratio
So glad you managed to watch that documentary. From what the Fast Doctor has mentioned in the past re finding the right IF formula for you I think you are on the right track. So it would look more like this 011101110 The main point is to not leave it more than a week before the next "zero" day.

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: TheFastDoctor
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds