Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

WHat is the best way to execute short intermittent fasting

More
25 May 2011 10:32 #7162 by jasminemarie
jasminemarie created the topic: WHat is the best way to execute short intermittent fasting
I have decided to undertake weekly fasting. I have just completed my first one for 36 hours. I will work my way up to 48 per week, generally on Mondays and Tuesdays. I have read plenty of info on this site and I have gathered that I am to go into the fast with a fatty meal or two and I understand this concept. Now to break the fast I wam happy to have a small bowl of paw paw and continue eating fruit for that day. What should I do on the days after that? When should I incorporate fats and them protein again safely into my diet? I am a vegan and I try to eat a lot of raw food but I do like to eat brown rice and cooked veg too. Thanks for any advice you have :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2011 13:06 #7168 by TheFastDoctor
TheFastDoctor replied the topic: Re: WHat is the best way to execute short intermittent fasting
The rate at which you break your fast, dear jasmine, can be different every week.. variety, they say, is the spice of life.

Protein is in everything you eat so you actually never have to eat "a protein" such as a dead animal.. but generally I make sure that the body is no longer ketotic (in a fasting state) before eating anything rich in proteins. This way you prevent your body from "targeting" protein as a source of energy. This is essential in order to protect your own proteins (muscles, organs) from breakdown for energy purposes

André

All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

More
25 May 2011 21:21 #7178 by Milena
Milena replied the topic: Re: WHat is the best way to execute short intermittent fasting
Generally speaking 36 or even 48 hours are not considered to be long fasts. So I would not really worry about how you are going to break it, especially if you are vegan. Personally I'd up for cooked veg vs row since they are easier to digest.

May the Energy you free from digesting serves your Body and Spirit well!

All my posts are based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of the licensed medical practitioner.

More
25 May 2011 22:41 #7183 by reddal
reddal replied the topic: Re: WHat is the best way to execute short intermittent fasting
jasminemarie, at the end of a four or five-day water fast, I usually just eat anything I want, in moderation obviously. I agree with Milena about 36 or 48 hours are not considered long fasts, so you have nothing to worry about. Things may be a little different with dry fasting where I believe water must be slowly introduced back to the digestion system.

More
25 May 2011 22:54 #7184 by Milena
Milena replied the topic: Re: WHat is the best way to execute short intermittent fasting

reddal wrote: Things may be a little different with dry fasting where I believe water must be slowly introduced back to the digestion system.

Yes, after longer fasts (48 hrs +) ideally you will reintroduce water by drinking 1 glass of water within 10 - 15 minutes and mixin each sip with saliva.

All my posts are based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of the licensed medical practitioner.

More
26 May 2011 14:25 #7205 by jasminemarie
jasminemarie replied the topic: Re: WHat is the best way to execute short intermittent fasting
That's really interesting thank you. I was thinking that I'd like to be doing dry fasting rather than water fasting since I've been reading the info given by Dr. Andre and others on this site. I'd like to do 48 hours or more per week just depending on the week. I'm actually looking forward to next Monday! Such clarity of mind and a heightened awareness that no chemical can produce, a natural high you might say! So I guess I'll just keep listening to my body and do what feels rights. Thanks for the advice all of you :)

More
26 May 2011 22:13 #7219 by Marsh
Marsh replied the topic: Re: WHat is the best way to execute short intermittent fasting
I had been doing week on and week off fasting. But due to my really thin build, and running training - and advice from this site, decided to do 48 hour fasts per week instead. Even my frame size still benefits from short regular fasting, and do a long fast a few times per year.

More
27 May 2011 00:41 #7232 by Milena
Dear Jasminemarie,

I am so happy to hear that you decided to give dry fasting a shot!

If you haven't fasted before, and dry fasted in particular, I would strongly recommend to shoot for 24 to 36 hours first. Dry fast is much more intense then water fast but the release from that intenstity is much quicker as well.

Please try to avoid contact with water as much as possible and definately do not swish your mouth or brush your teeth, it will make your fast harder.

And please blog! It helps a lot to share with others.

More
27 May 2011 00:43 #7233 by Milena
Marsh,

I am thrilled to hear that you took our words to heart! Looking forward to learn of your progress.

Moderators: TheFastDoctor
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds