Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

EAT STOP EAT -- THE E-BOOK PDF FILE

More
13 Sep 2011 08:21 - 02 Jan 2014 23:14 #9175 by Esmée La Fleur
Esmée La Fleur created the topic: EAT STOP EAT -- THE E-BOOK PDF FILE
For those of you who are interested in reading this 78 pg book on intermittent fasting, here is the link (you have to copy and paste the URL into your browser, as the link is not clickable for some reason):

eatstopeat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian144, Imogen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2011 15:35 - 04 Mar 2012 21:46 #9176 by david
david replied the topic: Re: EAT STOP EAT -- THE E-BOOK PDF FILE
Thanks Esmée this looks like an excellent read this should be clickable now:

Just been in touch with the author who pointed out that the link is pirating his ebook which is now 5th edition so will list it on our shop and add the link here as soon as it is up.

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Esmée La Fleur, Jayme, Imogen

More
13 Sep 2011 15:49 #9177 by superhuman
superhuman replied the topic: Re: EAT STOP EAT -- THE E-BOOK PDF FILE
is this the 3d edition or first one ? would really like the latest one :D

More
14 Sep 2011 03:19 #9178 by david
I have just completed reading the ebook and it was well worth it. The only thing that author Brad Pilon has left out is the benefits of ketosis but the brain is not all that relevant to the sport and fitness orientated research which is where Brad is coming from. It is unfortunate that on his system of 1-2 24h fasts per week the faster will not enter into ketosis or only mild ketosis. He also did not make it crystal clear that it is with IF fasting that one is less likely to put back on the weight again after the fast.

There is a good question in the FAQ section asking if one can put on extra weight after the fast as the body could go into starvation mode. But Brad explains that as one does not go a single day without eating on this system there is little chance that the body enters into a starvation response. If anyone can direct me to finding out more about the starvation response and also whether there is any research on ketosis and fitness that would be great

More
15 Sep 2011 23:42 #9181 by Miss Milly
Miss Milly replied the topic: Re: EAT STOP EAT -- THE E-BOOK PDF FILE
Hi everyone,
I am new on here so still trying to work it all out!
This book sounds fascinating, is it only available as an e-book though - I like actual books. I am very interested in intermitten fasting.

More
16 Sep 2011 05:09 #9186 by anywho
anywho replied the topic: Re: EAT STOP EAT -- THE E-BOOK PDF FILE
I've been following the leangains ( www.leangains.com/ ) blog. He's done a favorable review of this book.

The leangains method is slightly different and all his posts seem quite well researched. However, leangains is targeted towards muscle gain.

More
16 Sep 2011 12:04 #9187 by david

Miss Milly wrote: Hi everyone,
I am new on here so still trying to work it all out!
This book sounds fascinating, is it only available as an e-book though - I like actual books. I am very interested in intermitten fasting.

This is a free ebook if you want to order a book on fasting in hard copy you can visit the link 'books' at the very top of the page. Will explain the avatar by email.

More
16 Sep 2011 12:50 #9188 by superhuman
superhuman replied the topic: Re: EAT STOP EAT -- THE E-BOOK PDF FILE
yeah he is really good even tho i dont support the style of eating :P alot of meat etc :D

More
16 Sep 2011 15:35 #9189 by Miss Milly
Oh does it involve eating meat? I became vegetarian about 10 months ago so I won't do that, however I am open to all other ideas about improving health.

More
16 Sep 2011 18:29 #9190 by anywho
I haven't read the book, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the reason for eating the meat is to promote muscle growth by getting a lot of protein. So you should be able to still get value from the book and substitute the meat for protein rich vegetarian alternatives?

More
16 Sep 2011 18:45 #9191 by Miss Milly
Definitely. Vegetable sources of protein are in fact far better without any of the bad consequences of meat protein. There actually is not a single reason to eat animals, we have so many other sources. In today's world people in America and Europe especially, eat far too much protein.
I will never contaminate my body with eating the flesh of living things again. Just my opinion of course, but becoming vegetarian is the best thing I have ever done for my physical and mental well-being.

More
16 Sep 2011 18:53 #9192 by anywho
Dr Furhman in his book Fasting and Eating for health said to treat meat more like candy if you must eat it. Because one reason I'll give you, is because it's good.

More
16 Sep 2011 19:25 #9193 by Miss Milly
Interesting - I shall look up that book on Amazon. Indeed you are right, the taste of meat is good, I certainly enjoyed it for a long time. But at this time in my life, something tasting good is not any longer a criteria for me to eat it. I look at the long term and implications - after all, cakes and sweets taste great too but I cannot afford to continue eating them. The cost in terms of health is too great. For me personally, meat is now repulsive because my mental outlook has changed. But each person must make up their own mind about these things.

More
16 Sep 2011 19:49 #9194 by anywho
www.amazon.com/Fasting-Eating-Health-Med...uering/dp/031218719X

here's the link to it. Re things tasting good; it's a balance. If you don't allow yourself anything, you can have problems with that too eventually. All things in moderation, right? :)

More
16 Sep 2011 20:33 #9195 by Esmée La Fleur
Esmée La Fleur replied the topic: Re: EAT STOP EAT -- THE E-BOOK PDF FILE
you can order fuhrman's book through the book shop on this site and help to support the forum (which costs money to run)

"Eat STOP Eat" is only 75 pages. it is a very easy read. and basically provides the science behind the value of short intermittent fasts. he does not promote a specific diet, but encourages people to eat as many fruits and vegetabloes as they can. he does not advocate the necessity of meat in the diet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imogen

More
16 Sep 2011 21:03 #9197 by Miss Milly
Yes, that is true.

More
22 Sep 2011 04:50 #9229 by anywho
OK, I finished another book I was reading and managed to read this book in two very short sittings. It's really very light.

My only real gripe about the book was this statement and statements like it:

The key word in this definition is “willingly” as it is the difference between fasting and starving.

Well, no, the difference between fasting and starving is way larger than just plain will. During starvation, cells use essential tissues for fuel while in a fasted state, cells use non-essential tissue. Even if you're willingly fasting, but don't have any body fat, you'd still be starving.

Pilon repeatedly in the book refered to there only being two states we can be in, when then in actuality, there are three; fed, fasting, starving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david

More
22 Sep 2011 22:46 #9230 by LavenderGrass
LavenderGrass replied the topic: Re: EAT STOP EAT -- THE E-BOOK PDF FILE
Yupii for posting this link Esmee - thank you. I look forward to reading this. I have been struggling like crazy with intermittent fast - so want to do it as i feel that it will be the thing for me once i get a hang of it. My challenge is in rebound eating.. well...here we go... wish me luck

Be realistic. Plan for a miracle. ~ Bhagwan Shree Rajineesh

More
22 Sep 2011 23:55 - 02 Jan 2014 23:11 #9231 by Esmée La Fleur
Esmée La Fleur replied the topic: Re: EAT STOP EAT -- THE E-BOOK PDF FILE
anywho, i agree with your critique. there is a BIG difference between fasting and starving.

lavendergrass, you may wish to read Dr. Kruger's book as well He has had a lot of experience and offers some valuable insights in my opinion. Here is a link to Dr. Kruger's book:

www.fastingconnection.com/forums/health-won-e-book

Moderators: TheFastDoctor
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds